First I just want to say Happy New Year! I am so excited for what this year will bring for me and my family. My last day at work was Wednesday and I can't wait to get into the routine of staying at home with my son. However, he ended up staying with his grandparents this week unexpectedly, so that will have to wait till he comes home on Saturday.
Meanwhile, I wanted to show you the completed Sophia Carry-All that I made for my future sister-in-law. I am pretty proud of how it came out, though those of you with more experience will see it definitely isn't perfect.
- I love the way the lining came out. I think I did my best work on it!
- I love the combination of fabrics.
- I made bias strips and piping on my own for the first time!
- Sewing in the piping. I definitely could have done a better job of this, but it was my first go!
- Sewing in the bottom of the bag. This step was extremely difficult for me, to say the least. It's a little bit wonky to prove it.
Overall, I'm pleased with how it came out and I hope she likes it. I didn't get to see her over the holidays so it's being passed on to her.
One of my New Year's resolutions is to sew more and another is to blog more, so thanks for reading and I hope I'll have more to share in the new year!